1. This promotion will start on 15 May 2019 and end on 15 July 2019. The promotion will close at 12h00pm on 15 July 2019.
2. The promotion is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa except the director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant of HEINEKEN South Africa or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by, HEINEKEN South Africa or a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotion or the relatives and/or family members of the employees and family members of the respective advertising and promotional agencies, media and PR agencies, consultants, directors, associates and trading partners of such organisations and persons.
3. All participants must be over the age of 18 years at the date of entry and will be required to exhibit valid identity documents as proof thereof. Your participation in this promotion constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. To enter and stand a chance to win one of the following prizes; a voucher for an inner city experience OR a Takealot voucher worth R450,00 valid from 15 May 2019 – 15 October 2019 OR airtime valued up to R60,00 OR data valued up to 300MB, the participant must enter a valid 8 digit alpha/numeric unique code found underneath a Strongbow® crown or tab via the designated campaign USSD line (*120*387#). Each unique code is valid for one entry only. USSD charged at a standard rate of 20 cents per 20 seconds.
5. The winners will be selected by random selection and such decision shall be final and binding. The winners will be instantly notified via USSD what they have won and a prize voucher will be sent via SMS to the number used by the entrant when entering into the promotion. All Takealot, airtime and data vouchers are valid from 15 May 2019 – 15 October 2019. All inner city experience vouchers are valid for 6 months from date of issue. If the vouchers are not redeemed within these time periods above, the vouchers will be null and void. The prizes comprises solely of the prize vouchers. In respect of airtime and data, since there are different mobile networks in the Republic of South Africa, airtime vouchers and data vouchers for some mobile networks may run out quicker than those for the other mobile networks. This may be prior to or after the end of this promotion depending on the number of participants who redeem airtime vouchers or data vouchers as applicable from the different mobile networks. Once all the allocated airtime vouchers and data vouchers have been claimed for a particular mobile network, no more airtime or data will be redeemable and this will be communicated on our StrongbowSA social media pages. In respect of the other vouchers, in the event that they run out prior to the end of the competition, as these may run out quicker depending on the number of participants redeeming such vouchers, this will also be communicated on the social media pages.
6. For the avoidance of any doubt or confusion, the inner city experience vouchers comprise solely of the experience and excludes any transport/travel, accommodation and meals.
7. Each inner city experience voucher expires 6 months from date of issue and is subject to availability. It is therefore essential that a winner makes timeous booking of the particular inner city experience. In the event that an inner city experience is not available and therefore a voucher is not redeemable, the winner will receive a voucher in respect of a different available inner city experience which such decision shall be final and binding. Each inner city experience is subject to terms and conditions of the inner city experience agent and facilitator (details on these terms and conditions to be provided on receipt of the voucher code). Winners should therefore familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions of the inner city experience agent and facilitator. Each inner city experience is not controlled or owned or facilitated by HEINEKEN South Africa or its agencies. HEINEKEN SA and its agencies are therefore not liable for any damages, losses, claims or costs, howsoever arising, that may be suffered by a winner (and the winner’s companion (s) in respect of inner experiences which are for more than one person) in respect of an inner city experience.
8. Every effort will be made to ensure that the prize is as described above, but due to the nature of the prize, it may be altered at any time, at HEINEKEN South Africa’s discretion. Although we have taken care to make sure that the prizes are of a good quality, we do not give any warranties about the prizes and you agree to accept the prize “as is”. Subject to applicable law, you also indemnify us against any damages that anyone may suffer as a result of the prize/s or this competition, including consequential and economic loss.
9. Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize are for the winners own account. HEINEKEN South Africa, and its affiliates if applicable, will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance and/or use of a prize, whether foreseen or not.
10. The prizes are not transferrable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
11. HEINEKEN South Africa reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend or amend this competition at any time during the competition for any reason or if it experiences difficulties that might compromise its integrity.
12. Neither HEINEKEN South Africa nor their respective advertising, media and PR agencies, nor their trading partners shall be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, damage or costs, howsoever arising, suffered by a participant of this competition and/or receipt and/or use of the prize offered.
13. Under no circumstances shall HEINEKEN South Africa be liable to anyone who enters this competition for any indirect or consequential loss howsoever arising which may be suffered in relation to this competition, whether as a result of any negligent act or omission or any default on the part of HEINEKEN South Africa or otherwise.
14. By participating in this competition each participant hereby consents to the processing of his or her personal information and to the use of such personal information for the purpose of future communications from the promoter to the participant, provided that the participant shall be entitled at any time to opt out of such communications. All personal information will be processed in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation including the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013. The winner may be required to take part in publicity and participation in the prize draw is conditional upon the winner’s agreement to take part in such publicity and having the opportunity to decline such requirement. The winner will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for any such publicity or otherwise. All and any materials, including publicity materials, will be the sole property of HEINEKEN South Africa.
15. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern these Terms and Conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
16. A copy of these terms and conditions are available and can be downloaded from https://www.facebook.com/StrongbowSA. For all queries in respect of this competition, please contact HEINEKEN South Africa on 0800 026 027.
17. HEINEKEN South Africa’s standard terms and conditions (available at no cost from www.heinekensouthafrica.co.za) apply.
18. Promoter: HEINEKEN South Africa (Proprietary) Limited (“HEINEKEN South Africa”), Inanda Greens Business Park, Building 1, 54 Wierda Road West, Wierda Valley, Sandton.